Family Law includes a multitude of cases ranging from Juvenile Matters to Divorces.

Divorces  – Are when two people who have been married for any amount of time wish to end their relationship, this includes when only one party wants to end the relationship. Divorces can involve two individuals with no assets, no debts, and no property to two individuals that have extreme debt, multiple children, and multiple properties that will need to be divided.

Paternity Cases – Also known as Child Custody Cases are when two individuals are not married but have had a child and/or children together.  Paternity Cases establish the Biological Parents, Child Custody, Child Support, and Child Visitations.

Motion to ModifyAre filed when one party of the original paternity case is asking that there be  changes made to the original final order, whether it is a change in child custody, child support, or visitation schedule.

Contempt Citations – Is when a party of the case chooses to violate an Order of the Court. That includes not paying a martial debt, continuously failing to meet at the agreed location and time for child exchange, etc.

Department of Human Services Cases – Also know as DHS or JD cases are when the Department of Human Service have been contacted with respect to your child and/or children and their safety. There are different stages of the Department of Human Services Case, some involve only the DHS Child Services Worker and the Parents, others could involve law enforcement and the Court System.  We are here to help our clients with both stages, and to help guide you through this process.

Guardianship – There are many types of Guardianships, some pertain to Adults and some pertain to children. Guardianships over an adult is when an individual is unable to care for themselves, their financial affairs, their medical needs, and their day-to-day care.  A family member steps up to care for them, but without Guardianship in place you may find it very difficult to get Medical Providers, Financial Institutions, or Utility companies to work with you.  Therefore, it may be necessary for the family member to obtain Guardianship over their loved ones.

Guardianship over a child is when the Biological Parents can no longer care for their child and/or children, and another family member steps in to care for the child or children.  You may find it very difficult to enroll the child and/or children into school, make medical decisions or doctor visits, and/or receive information about the child and/or children’s schooling or medical issues without a Guardianship in place.  Our office is here to assist you with either type of Guardianship.